On Thursday, Boyd Gaming became the latest casino operator to receive approval to return to full gaming floor capacity. Following a decision by state gaming regulators, the company said that its nine Las Vegas neighborhood and downtown casinos, which are currently open, will resume full occupancy.
The Gaming Control Board’s order only affects the casino floor, as it did with other gaming companies’ properties that were cleared earlier this week.
Non-gaming amenities inside casinos, such as restaurants, retail, and entertainment, are still subject to the current 80% occupancy restrictions. However, wearing a mask is still mandatory.
Boyd Gaming said the Control Board approved Orleans, Gold Coast, Suncoast, Aliante, Sam’s Town, Cannery, and Jokers Wild. It also approved two downtown properties, California and Fremont. The downtown Main Street Station and the Eastside Cannery, both owned by Boyd, still remain closed.
According to Boyd, the regulatory approval came after the company assisted team members and their families in the COVID-19 vaccination process. At two of its properties, Boyd ran on-site vaccination centers. It also offered paid vacation to hourly employees who completed the vaccination process.
MGM Resorts International and Caesars Entertainment’s 18 Strip gaming properties also got approval on Wednesday.
Clark County lawmakers, who have authority over Las Vegas-area businesses, have approved plans to allow 100 percent occupancy once 60 percent of eligible county residents have received a COVID-19 vaccine shot. As of Wednesday, the figure was 47%.
Nevada Gov. Steve Sisolak has made vaccinating the state’s frontline casino and tourism employees a priority to assist the state’s economic recovery.
0 responses on "Boyd Gaming says its Las Vegas casinos to be approved for 100% occupancy"