Caesars Entertainment announced that its nine Strip resorts were approved for 100% occupancy for their casino floors by state gaming regulators.
The Gaming Control Board approved a return to full occupancy without social distancing, the company said in a statement. Employees at Caesars continue to require to wear masks at all times.
Outside of the gaming floors, current occupancy restrictions of 80% and three-foot social distancing policies remain in place.
Guests at Caesars Palace must still wear masks unless they are actively smoking, eating, or drinking. Guests fully vaccinated can remove their masks when seated at resorts’ pool areas.
Moreover, the gaming floors, which Strip’s two largest casino companies operate, also got approval for full occupancy. MGM Resorts International announced earlier that gaming regulators had approved its nine Strip resorts for 100% occupancy on casino floors.
“Our team members’ commitment to doing their part to put us all on the road to recovery. It has resulted in the expansion to full capacity and elimination of social distancing on our casino floors in Las Vegas,” Caesars CEO Tom Reeg said in a statement. “We appreciate our team members who have chosen to be vaccinated. We will continue to provide easy, on-site vaccine access to all of our team members in Las Vegas.”
Also, on Thursday, Red Rock Resorts announced that its Station Casinos properties in the Las Vegas Valley had received approval to open their casino to 100 percent occupancy.
“While this shift is encouraging, we recognize that the battle has not yet come to an end. Las Vegas can most quickly rebound through a continued commitment to health and safety,” Reeg said in a statement.